The new Real-time Clock Module RV-3028-C7 from Micro Crystal, a company of the Swatch Group, sets the new benchmark for lowest power consumption: 40nA at a supply 3V. The high accuracy of ±1ppm at room temperature eliminates any calibration during manufacturing.
The tiny package of just 3.5 x 1.5 x 0.8 mm combines the quartz crystal with the RTC circuit, offering also an integrated battery-back-up switch. The extreme low power consumption allows using MLCC capacitors to cover the back-up time.
Together with an event detection input it features all the prerequisites for Wearables, Medical Healthcare and power sensitive IoT applications.
Markus Hintermann, International Product Manager at Micro Crystal AG in Switzerland quotes: “The RTC-Module RV-3028-C7 is the new mile stone in the field of time references. The combination of timing with back-up circuitry featuring the industry’s lowest power consumption extends the autonomy in harsh conditions and will become the time reference of choice for Wearable and IoT applications.”
Features and specifications include:
- Industries lowest current consumption of only 40nA at 3V supply
- Factory calibrated time reference ±1.0ppm at 25°C
- Integrated 32.768kHz Quartz Crystal
- Battery back-up switch with trickle charge ideal also for MLCC and Supercap
- Wide voltage range 1.2 to 5.5V
- Ultra-miniature ceramic SMD package: 3.2 x 1.5 x 0.8 mm
- Provides year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes and seconds
- 32 bit Unix time counter e.g. for security code calculations
- I²C interface 400kHz