Bel Power Solutions and Protection has announced the PES1600 Series, 1600 W Platinum efficient front-end ac- and dc-input power supplies for powering intermediate bus architectures (IBA) in high performance and high reliability servers, routers and network switches.
The PES1600 power supplies are hot-pluggable and feature parallel operation with active current sharing and full digital controls for improved performance. Cooling is managed by a fan controlled by the DSP controller. PES1600 delivers a power density of 42W/in3 and meets 80 Plus "Platinum" efficiency in a compact package measuring 80 x 40 x 195 mm.
An active ORing device on the output ensures no reverse load current and renders the supply ideally suited for operation in redundant power systems. An always-on +12V 40W standby output is provided. The PES1600 was designed to include CRPS features such as a black box event recorder, short time overload capability and fast overcurrent detection.
The PES1600-12-080ND is a 1600-Watt dc-dc power supply that converts -40 to -75 Vdc voltage into an insulated main output of +12Vdc for powering intermediate bus architectures (IBA) in high performance and reliability servers, routers, and network switches. The PES1600-12-080ND utilizes full digital control architecture for greater efficiency, control, and functionality.
The PES1600-12-080NA is a 1600-Watt ac-dc, power-factor corrected (PFC) power supply that converts standard AC power into a main output of +12 VDC for powering intermediate bus architectures (IBA) in high performance and reliability servers, routers, and network switches.
Like the PES1600-12-080ND, the PES1600-12-080NA utilizes full digital control architecture for greater efficiency, control, and functionality. Both of these power supplies meet international safety standards and displays the CE-Mark for the European Low Voltage Directive (LVD).
Key features and benefits include:
- Designed to meet Intel CPRS compatibility
- Wide input voltage ranges:
- PES1600-12-080ND; -40 to -75 Vdc
- PES1600-12-080NA; Auto-selected input voltage ranges: 90-140 Vac, 180-264 Vac, with active power factor correction
- 1600 W continuous output power capability
- Always-on 12 VSB / 3.5 A standby output
- Hot-plug capable
- Parallel operation with active current sharing
- Full digital controls for improved performance
- High power density design: 42 W/in3
- Small form factor: 80 x 40 x 195 in mm
- Hot-plug capable
- PMBus® communication interface for control, programming and monitoring
- Status LED with fault signaling
The PES1600-12-080NA is available from Digi-Key, Mouser, Arrow and Allied