Navitas Semiconductor announced that the company will demonstrate its leading GaN power IC technology at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) March 4-8 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas. As a ‘Diamond' APEC sponsor, Navitas will showcase both its own advanced GaN (Gallium Nitride) power ICs and GaN-enabled power systems in a private demo suite and on the exhibition floor (booth #1341).
"It's great to return to APEC as many commercial uses of GaNFast Power ICs are rapidly advancing," said Navitas CTO/COO Dan Kinzer. "We are pleased to demonstrate how monolithic GaN integration has overcome both engineering and commercial hurdles to enable a new class of high-frequency, high-efficiency & high-density power systems."
Visitors can learn about the latest Navitas GaNFast devices and reference designs that achieve unprecedented small size, low weight and high efficiency levels, with fast-charging speeds for end products ranging from smartphones and tablets, to laptops, monitors & gaming systems.
Navitas recently introduced the world's smallest 65W USB-PD laptop adapter reference design, supporting the dramatic size and weight reductions that consumers are demanding.
"This is a dynamic time for Navitas and the industry, as GaN power systems graduate from academic curiosity to real-life commercial applications" explained Stephen Oliver, vice president of sales and marketing. "Navitas will showcase a new series of GaN platforms that are the result of close collaboration with our customers and partners."
Navitas will present or be featured in the following conference papers, events at the conference:
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Paper ID#: 1180, Room 206 at 8:30 a.m., GaN Power ICs Enable Breakthroughs in Adapter Performance, Dan Kinzer (Navitas)
- Rap Session 1: Biggest Impact on Power Consumption—Devices or Magnetics?, Room 217D at 5 p.m., Moderator: Kevin Parmenter, VP of Applications Engineering, Excelsys, Dan Kinzer (Navitas)
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Paper ID#: 1736, Room 214A at 2:20 p.m., A Single-Stage Bi-directional Dual-Active-Bridge AC-DC Converter Based on Enhancement Mode GaN Power Transistor, Tianxiang Chen, Ruiyang Yu, Qingyun Huang, Alex Q. Huang (University of Texas, Austin)
- Paper ID#: 2018, Room 214B at 2 p.m., Design Considerations of Highly-Efficient Active Clamp Flyback Converter Using GaN Power ICs, Lingxiao Xue, Jason Zhang (Navitas)
- Paper ID#: 1171, Room 214B at 2:20 p.m., Design Consideration of Active Clamp Flyback Converter with Highly Nonlinear Junction Capacitance, Pei-Hsin Liu (Texas Instruments)
Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Paper ID#: 1179, Room 206 at 8:30 a.m., GaN Reliability Through Integration and Application Relevant Stress Testing, Nick Fichtenbaum (Navitas)