The SIM6880M from Sanken is a high-voltage 3-phase motor driver IC in which transistors, a pre-driver IC (MIC), and bootstrap circuits (diodes and resistors) are highly integrated. The product can run on a 3-shunt current detection system and optimally control the inverter systems of small- to medium-capacity motors that require universal input standards.
The integrated 600V IGBT is rated for 1.5A and has an RDS(on) max. / VCE(sat) typ. of 1.85. The SIM6880M is delivered in a DIP40 package.
Applications are expected to include refrigerator compressor motors, fan motor and pump motor drives for white goods, air purifiers, electric fans, and similar systems.
- Built-in Bootstrap Diodes with Current Limiting Resistors (60 Ω)
- CMOS-compatible Input (3.3V or 5V)
- Bare Lead Frame: Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
- Isolation Voltage: 1500V (for 1 min)
- Fault Signal Output at Protection Activation (FO Pin)
- High-side Shutdown Signal Input (SD Pin)
- Protections Include:
- Overcurrent Limit (OCL): Auto-restart
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP): Auto-restart
- Undervoltage Lockout for Power Supply
- High-side (UVLO_VB): Auto-restart
- Low-side (UVLO_VCC): Auto-restart
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD): Auto-restart