The MAX17525 from Maxim Integrated Products is an adjustable overvoltage, undervoltage, and overcurrent protection device that guards systems against overcurrent faults in addition to positive overvoltage and reverse-voltage faults.
When used with an optional external pMOSFET, the device also protects downstream circuitry from voltage faults up to ±60V (for -60V external pFET rating. The device features a low, 31mΩ, on-resistance integrated FET.
During startup, the devices are designed to charge large capacitances on the output in a continuous mode for applications where large reservoir capacitors are used on the inputs to downstream devices.
Additionally, the devices feature a dual-stage, current-limit mode in which the current is continuously limited to 1x, 1.5x, and 2x the programmed limit, respectively, for a short time after startup. This enables faster charging of large loads during startup.
The MAX17525 also feature reverse-current and overtemperature protection. The devices are available in a 20-pin (5mm x 5mm) TQFN package and operate over the -40°C to 125°C temperature range.
- Robust, High-Power Protection Reduces System Downtime
- Wide Operating Input Range: +5.5V to +60V
- -60V Negative Input Tolerance with External pFET (for -(60 + VOUT) External pFET Rating)
- Low 31mΩ (typ) RON
- Reverse Current-Blocking Protection with External pFET
- Enables Fast Startup and Brownout Recovery
- Thermal Foldback Current-Limit Protection
- 5x, 2x Startup Current Limit Options
- Flexible Design Enables Reuse and Less Requalification
- Adjustable OVLO and UVLO Thresholds
- Programmable Forward Current Limit From 0.6A to 6A with ±15% Accuracy Over Full Temperature Range
- Normal and High-Voltage Enable Inputs (EN and Active-Low HVEN)
- Protected External pFET Gate Drive
- Saves Board Space and Reduces External BOM Count
- 20-Pin 5mm x 5mm TQFN Package
- Integrated nFET