The AEC-Q100 Qualified MPQ4485 from Monolithic Power Systems integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry. The MPQ4485 achieves 6A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of the USB switch is current-limited. USB1 supports DCP schemes for battery charging specification (BC1.2), divider mode, 1.2V/1.2V mode, and USB Type-C 5V at 3A DFP mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction. USB2 supports DCP and CDP schemes.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ4485 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Wide 6V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Fixed 5.17V Output Voltage
- 90mV Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 18mΩ/15mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 18mΩ/18mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- 450kHz Switching Frequency
- Forced CCM Operation
- Load Shedding versus Temperature for MPQ4485GU-LS-AEC1
- USB Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Fast Over-Current Response for USB Switch
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- USB1 Supports USB Type-C 5V @ 3A Mode, USB2 Supports CDP Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, DM, DP_OUT, and DM_OUT
- Available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
- USB Charging Downstream Port (CDP)
- USB Dedicated Charging Ports (DCP)
- USB Type-C Charging Port