The LDLN030 from STMicroelectronics is a 300mA very low-dropout voltage regulator, able to work with an input voltage ranging from 1.6V to 5.5V. The typical dropout voltage at 300mA load is 150mV.
The very low quiescent current, which is just 16µA at no load, extends battery-life of applications requiring very long standby time.
Thanks to its ultra low-noise value and high PSRR the device provides a very clean output, suitable for ultra-sensitive loads. It is stable with ceramic capacitors.
The enable logic control function puts the LDLN030 into shutdown mode allowing a total current consumption lower than 1µA.
The device also includes short-circuit constant current limiting, undervoltage lockout, soft-start, Power Good and thermal protection.
Typical applications are noise sensitive loads such as ADC, VCO in mobile phones and tablets, wireless LAN devices. The LDLN030 is designed to keep the quiescent current under control and at a low value also during dropout operation, helping to extend even more the operating time of battery-powered devices.
- Ultra-low output noise: 7.5µVRMS
- Operating input voltage range: 1.6V to 5.5V
- Undervoltage lockout
- Output current up to 300mA
- Very low quiescent current:16µA at no-load
- Controlled Iq in dropout condition
- Very low dropout voltage: 100mV at 200mA, 150mV at 300mA
- Very high PSRR: 80dB @ 100Hz, 60dB @ 100kHz
- Output voltage accuracy: 2% across line, load and temperature
- Output voltage versions: from 1V to 5V, with 50mV step
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Power Good
- Output discharge feature
- Internal soft-start to limit the in-rush current
- Overcurrent and thermal protections
- Temperature range: from -40°C to +125°C
- Package: TSOT23-5L