SynQor, Inc., announced its new 85- to 264-Vac universal input VPX ac-dc power supply with long holdup capabilities compliant to MIL-STD-704F for critical military, aerospace and shipboard applications. This 3U VPX power supply, designed to meet VITA 62 standards, allows designers in the defense markets to power their VITA 62 chassis with the latest flexible, efficient and reliable VPX technology.
The long holdup VPX-3U-ACUNV universal ac input power supply delivers 300W with an efficiency of 84%. This unit has been designed to meet MIL-704(B-F) input dropout transients. It is able to operate at wedge lock temperatures as high as 85°C with full output power.
The VPX can be powered over a dual frequency range, 47- to 63-Hz and 360- to 800-Hz, with a power factor of 0.99 at 50/60Hz and 0.97 at 400Hz. The power module is equipped with several features, including: an integrated EMI filter, conduction cooling, six output voltages, and protections for over voltage, under voltage, short circuit and over temperature conditions.
It has an optional I2C communications feature (IPMI, PMBus, VITA 46.11). The VS1 (+12V), VS2 (+3.3V) and the VS3 (+5V) outputs can be load shared on a standard VITA 62 chassis. It has been designed for the most demanding military applications. The VPX power supply unit meets VITA 46, VITA 47, VITA 62, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-704 (B-F), and MIL-STD-810G standards.
Summary of Features:
- Universal ac input 85- to 264-Vrms, 47- to 63-Hz and 360- to 800-Hz, PF ≥ 0.99
- Six Outputs (VS1: +12V; VS2: +3.3V; VS3: +5V; Aux: +3.3V, +12V and -12V)
- 300W Output Power
- Temperature Operating Range: -40 to 85 °C
- Long Holdup capable of meeting MIL-STD-704F input dropout requirements
- Integrated EMI Filter
- Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Short Circuit, Over Temperature Protections
- Current Sharing on VS1, VS2 and VS3 outputs
- Optional I2C communication function (Supports IPMI, PMBus, VITA 46.11)
- VITA 46
- VITA 47
- VITA 62
- MIL-STD-704 (B-F)