SynQor, Inc., announced its new, universal 85Vrms to 264Vrms ac-input VPX power supply for demanding military, aerospace and shipboard applications. This 6U VPX power supply, designed to meet VITA 46 standards, lets designers in the defense markets power their VITA 62 chassis with the latest flexible, efficient, and reliable VPX technology.
The VPX-6U-ACUNV universal ac input power supply delivers 630W, with an efficiency of 84% at 70°C (at card wedge locks). It can operate at wedge lock temperatures as high as 85°C with de-rated output power. The VPX can be powered over a dual-frequency range, 47Hz to 63Hz and 360Hz to 800Hz, with a power factor of 0.99 at 50/60Hz and 0.97 at 400Hz.
The power module is equipped with several features including integrated EMI filter, conduction cooling, five output voltages.
Protections include over-voltage, under-voltage, short circuit, and over-temperature. It has an optional I2C communications (IPMI, PMBus, VITA 46.11) feature.
The VS1/VS2 (+12 V), VS3 (+5 V) and the +3.3Vaux outputs can be load shared on a standard VITA 62 chassis. The VPX power supply meets VITA 46, VITA 47, VITA 62, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-704 (B-F), and MIL-STD-810G standards.
- Universal AC Input 85Vrms to 264 Vrms, 47Hz to 63Hz and 360Hz to 800Hz, PF ≥ 0.99
- Five Outputs (VS1/VS2: +12V; VS3: +5V; Aux: +3.3V, +12V and -12V)
- 630W Output Power
- Temperature Operating Range: -40°C to 70°C (85°C de-rated power)
- Integrated EMI Filter
- Over-Voltage, Under -Voltage, Short-Circuit, Over Temperature Protections
- Current Sharing on VS1/VS2, VS3 and +3.3VAUX outputs
- Optional I2C communication function (Supports IPMI, PMBus, VITA 46.11)
- VITA 46
- VITA 47
- VITA 62
- MIL-STD-704 (B-F)