Very-Low-Power Application Processor Module for BLE v5.0
The BlueNRG-M2 from STMicroelectronics is a Bluetooth low energy (BLE) system-on-chip application processor certified module, compliant with BT specifications v5.0 and BQE qualified. The BlueNRG-M2 module supports multiple roles simultaneously and can act at the same time as Bluetooth master and slave device.
Typical applications are expected to include: internet of things; smart home; building and industrial automation; smart lighting; remote and access control; fitness, wellness and sports; consumer medical; security and proximity; assisted living; and PC and smart phone peripherals.
The BlueNRG-M2 is based on the BlueNRG-2 system-on-chip and entire Bluetooth low energy stack and protocols are embedded into module. The BlueNRG-M2 module provides a complete RF platform in a tiny form factor. Radio, embedded antenna and high frequency oscillators are integrated to offer a certified solution to optimize the time-to-market of the final applications.
The BlueNRG-M2 can be powered directly with a pair of AAA batteries or any power source from 1.7- to 3.6-V.
- Bluetooth v5.0 compliant
- Supports master and slave modes
- Multiple roles supported simultaneously
- LE data packet length extension
- Embedded ST BlueNRG-2 BLE SoC
- High performance, ultra-low power Cortex-M0 32-bit based core
- Programmable embedded 256kB Flash
- 24kB embedded RAM with data retention
- Up to +8dBm available output power
- Down to -88dBm Rx sensitivity
- Up to 96dB link budget with excellent link reliability
- Embedded BALF-NRG-02D3 integrated matched balun with harmonic filter
- 1 x UART, 1 x I2C, 1xSPI, 14 x GPIO, 2 x multifunction timer, 10-bit ADC, watchdog and RTC, DMA controller, PDM stream processor, SWD debug interface
- On-board chip antenna (BLUENRG-M2SA) or PCB antenna (BLUENRG-M2SP)
- Small form factor: 11.5mm x 13.5mm
- Complemented with Bluetooth low energy protocol stack library (GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL)
- AES security co-processor
- Bluetooth low energy SDK with a wide range of available profiles
- CE qualified
- FCC, IC modular approval certified
- TYPE qualified
- BQE qualified
- Pre-programmed UART bootloader
- Operating supply voltage: from 1.7- to 3.6-V
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C