Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation, (AKM), has developed the AP4410BEC, a highly-accurate CMOS voltage detection IC. It integrates a voltage detection circuit and P-FET to control an external device and 2 N-FET channels, (individual channels controlled via logic), while featuring ultra-low power consumption of 26nA (typical). Samples of the AP4410BECSJ and AP4410EBCJT will be available in February, 2018.
In energy harvesting power management circuits which convert small energy obtained from the surrounding environment into electric power, it’s necessary to minimize the current consumption.
Likewise, quiescent current suppression is very important in cell monitoring circuits and electric storage devices, such as small lithium ion batteries or LIC/EDLC’s used in wearable devices that require long battery life. The AP4410BEC addresses these needs.
Applications are expected to include:
- Power control for energy harvesting devices
- Monitoring charging capacitors such as lithium-ion capacitors (LIC) and electric double layer capacitors (EDLC)
- Protection for lithium-ion battery (LiB) in wearable devices
The AP4410BEC has low operation current of 26nA (typical). Therefore, voltage detection circuits with low current consumption can be designed with the AP4410BEC.
Both over-discharge and overcharge protections can be designed since the AP4410BEC has wide detection voltage range.
The AP4410BEC is housed in a 20-pin WLCSP (1.955×1.555mm) for space saving small printed circuit boards.
Summary of features:
- Power management function
- Dual voltage detection circuits
- Control logic with independent power supply
- Built in P-channel MOSFETs and N-Channel MOSFETs for each channel
- Wide range for detection voltage
- Detection voltage “High” 1.8 to 4.4V
- Detection voltage “Low” 1.7 to 4.3V
- Voltage detection accuracy ±35mV
- Ultra-low power consumption 0.026µA typical/ch. 0.050µA maximum/ ch
- Response Speed 500μs maximum
- Low on resistance FETs
- On-chip P-channel MOSFETs 1Ω typical
- On-chip N-channel MOSFETs 2Ω typical
- Operation temperature -40 to 85 °C
- Package 20-pin WLCSP (1.955×1.555mm, 0.4mm pitch)