GLF Integrated Power has introduced the GLF74130 input Power Mux IC that offers significant efficiency improvement over traditional diode-based solutions. The tiny (1.27mm x 1.67mm) Wafer Level Chip Scale Packaged (WLCSP) Mux provides automatic/manual selection between two 1.5V to 5.5V input power sources with up to 4.5A continuous output current.
The device’s small footprint and industry-leading combination of low RON (20mOhms), low supply current (4µA), and ultra-low standby current (50nA) offers an exceptional solution for smart IoT devices and IoT tracking systems.
“The driving force behind GLF’s innovations in load switch design is to satisfy the market demand for extended battery life in wearables and IoT devices,” said Eileen Sun, President, and CEO at GLF Integrated Power. “The GLF74130 Power Mux applies our industry award-winning high-efficiency technology to replace the power-wasting diode circuits typically used to support primary and backup power sources.”
The GLF74130 supports both automatic and manual selection of power input, saving external components and GPIO that would otherwise be needed. The device also features high ESD withstand capability (6kV HBM and 2kV CDM) to assure reliable operation.
Summary of features
- Two-Input and Single-Output Power Multiplexer Switch
- Automatic and Manual Input Selection Modes
- Supply Voltage Range: 1.5V to 5.5V
- RON = 20 mΩ Typ. at 5.5 VIN1 or VIN2
- 5A Continuous Output Current Capability Per Channel
- Ultra-Low Supply Current at Operation IQ: 4 uA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Ultra-Low Stand-by Current ISD: 50 nA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Reverse Current Blocking when Disabled
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 85 °C
- HBM: 6 kV, CDM: 2 kV
- 27mm x 1.67mm x 0.55mm, 12 Bump
- Wafer Level Chip Scale Package
Price and availability
The GLF74130 costs $0.29 (in OEM quantities) and is available 6 weeks, ARO.