The new EVSPIN32F0251S1 evaluation board from STMicroelectronics is a 3-phase complete dc-ac inverter based on the STSPIN32F0251 controller, which embeds a 3‑phase 250V gate driver and a Cortex®‑M0 STM32 MCU. The board has a single-shunt sensing topology, and both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6‑step control can be implemented. This allows driving permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) and brushless DC motors (BLDCs).
The power stage features STD17NF25 MOSFETs, but can be populated with any IGBT or power MOSFET in DPAK or powerFLAT 6×5 package.
This evaluation board is targeted for applications such as battery-operated and 110Vac-supplied power and garden tools, industrial fans and pumps, home appliances, industrial and home automation, and so on.
Recommended for you: SoC Includes Motor Controller + Drive for Brushless DC Motors
The board is compatible with a wide range input voltage from 20V to 120V dc or ac, and includes a power supply stage with the VIPER013BLS in buck configuration to generate +15V and +3.3V supply voltage required by the application.
Debug and configuration of FW can be performed with standard STM32 tools through the detachable STLINK‑debugger. SWD and UART TX‑RX connectors are also available.
- Input voltage from 20V to 120V dc or ac
- STD17NF25 MOSFETs power stage featuring:
- VDS = 250 V
- RDS(on) max.= 0.165 Ω
- Overcurrent threshold set to 16 Apeak
- Dual footprint for IGBT/MOSFET package:
- PowerFlat 6×5
- Single-shunt current sensing, suitable for:
- Sensored or sensorless 6 steps algorithm
- Single-shunt vector (FOC) algorithm
- Smart shutdown overcurrent protection
- Digital Hall sensors and encoder input
- Bus voltage sensing
- 15V VCC and 3.3V VDD supplies
- Embedded ST-LINK/V2-1
- Easy user interface with buttons and trimmer
- RoHS compliant