Würth Elektronik has introduced its new Extended Rail RM6 and RM10 Transformers. The new MID-OLRM extended rail RM6 and RM10 transformer series for offline applications are now available from Würth Elektronik. These flyback transformers come with single or dual 5V, 12V, or 24V outputs. The transformer series boasts a small footprint and high power density. Grounded cores improve EMC performance.
Typical applications for these transformers include white goods, industrial controls, LED lighting, metering, offline flyback and space constrained power supplies, and smart adapter applications.
The lead-free and RoHS compliant transformers have an isolation voltage of 3900Vac. The devices operate at temperatures from -40°C to 125°C.
“For the past 30 years, the RM packages have required flying leads to meet reinforced insulation and creepage and clearance distances. We decided to change this by adding an extended rail to existing RM packages, eliminating the need to have flying leads. This package also meets the stringent IEC61558-2-16 standard with reinforced insulation,” explained Swaroop Vaidyanath, Product Marketing Engineer at Würth Elektronik.
- Extended rail eliminates need for flying leads
- High efficiency due to large core area
- Single or dual 5V/12V outputs
- Grounded core for improved EMI performance
- Reinforced insulation
- Isolation Voltage: 3900Vac
- Lead-free and RoHS compliant
- Designed to meet IEC61558-2-16 and EN61558-2-16
- Operating Temp: -40°C to 125°C