Relay Systems Interface Unit
M-Max 400 RC from MicroMax is a highly reliable compact rugged computer for building all-electric interlocking distributed systems. The system is designed for converting CAN-interface control signals (twisted pair or single-mode fiber) into relay control signals of railroad automation systems.
The M-Max 400 RC uses ‘2 out of 2' architecture for higher reliability of control signals. Two autonomous identical computers inside the M-Max 400 RC are connected by internal interfaces. External relays are connected to control outputs in a way to get an AND circuit in signal control.
Each computer has an independent power input and an internal uninterruptible power supply (UPS) based on ultracapacitors, ensuring up to 40 seconds of operation with the input power cut off. Depending on configuration the system allows to maintain 12 or 24 paired relays.
- Ruggedized dual-CPU computer
- ‘2 out of 2' architecture
- 40 s run on internal UPS based on ultracapacitors
- CPUs and UPS are housed in low-maintenance fanless enclosure
- Shock handling up to 40g, Vibration up to 6g
- Operating humidity: 5% to 95% at +25°C, non-condensing
- IP65 rated dust and moisture protection
- Operating temperature from -40 to +70 °C