The UCC21710-Q1 from Texas Instruments is a galvanic isolated single channel gate driver designed for up to 1700V silicon carbide MOSFETs and IGBTs with advanced protection features, best-in-class dynamic performance and robustness. UCC21710-Q1 has up to ±10-A peak source and sink current.
This isolated gate driver is intended for use in traction inverters for EVs, on-board chargers and charging piles, and dc-dc converters for HEV/EVs.
The input side is isolated from the output side with SiO2 capacitive isolation technology, supporting up to 1.5-kVRMS working voltage, 12.8-kVPK surge immunity with longer than 40 years Isolation barrier life, as well as providing low part-to-part skew, and >150V/ns common mode noise immunity (CMTI).
The UCC21710-Q1 includes the state-of-art protection features, such as fast overcurrent and short circuit detection, shunt current sensing support, fault reporting, active miller clamp, and input and output side power supply UVLO to optimize SiC and IGBT switching behavior and robustness.
The isolated analog to pwm sensor can be utilized for easier temperature or voltage sensing, further increasing the drivers’ versatility and simplifying the system design effort, size and cost.
Summary of Features
- 7-kVRMS single channel isolated gate driver
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- SiC MOSFETs and IGBTs up to 2121Vpk
- 33-V maximum output drive voltage (VDD-VEE)
- ±10-A drive strength and split output
- 150-V/ns minimum CMTI
- 270ns response time fast overcurrent protection
- 4-A internal active miller clamp
- 400mA soft turn-off when fault happens
- Isolated analog sensor with pwm output for
- Temperature sensing with NTC, PTC or thermal diode
- High voltage dc-Link or phase voltage
- Alarm FLT on over current and reset from RST/EN
- Fast enable/disable response on RST/EN
- Reject <40ns noise transient and pulse on input pins
- 12V VDD UVLO with power good on RDY
- Inputs/outputs with over/under-shoot transient voltage Immunity up to 5V
- 130-ns (maximum) propagation delay and 30-ns (maximum) pulse/part skew
- SOIC-16 DW package with creepage and clearance distance >8mm
- Operating junction temperature -40°C to 150°C