The R-REF04-RIA12-1 and R-REF04-RIA12-2 from RECOM are complete reference designs for railway dc-dc converter applications. The R-REF04-RIA12-1 board is populated with components rated for higher dc input voltages up to 110Vdc nominal input; the R-REF04-RIA12-2 board is populated with components rated for higher dc input currents up to 10A.
Both boards are input-side fused and can be used with dc-dc converters with single output currents up to 45A. The reference designs include a RIA12-conform surge stopper capable of blocking surge voltages up to 385Vdc.
The universal pinout accommodates dc-dc converters with 2"x1", quarter-brick or half-brick standard case dimensions including the entire RECOM portfolio of railway dc-dc converters up until 240W.
Summary of features:
- Evaluation platform for railway dc-dc converters up to 240W with either high voltage (-1) or high current (-2) layouts
- Includes RIA12 surge stopper with reverse polarity protection
- On-board EN50121-3-2 EMC filter layout
- Suitable for 2"x1", quarter-brick or half-brick converters
- External hold-up capacitor
- Cage clamp terminals, isolated enable and fan connectors
The reference designs, samples of dc-dc converters and OEM pricing are available from all authorized distributors or directly from RECOM.