The mEZDPD3603A from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a programmable dc-dc power supply up to 3A and 0.6- to 12-V output voltage. This part has a multiple-time programmable memory and a simple programmable GUI.
The GUI includes a modeling software for verification of the part performance. During bench evaluations, different configurations can be obtained easily through the I2C interface. This allows users to optimize each output for their requirements.
All non-programmed parts (mEZDPD3603A-XXXX) parts require only current and output voltage values to begin the evaluation. The other parameters, as defined in the GUI, have default settings that could be modified by the user, if needed.
Designers can customize specifications and see instant results. Pre-optimized values are provided by default for ease of use. Users need only change the parameters desired.
Over 35 programmable functions are available including:
- Programmable Output: 0.6V – 12V
- Programmable Current: Up to 3A
- Programmable Frequency: 300kHz – 2.5MHz
- Programmable Threshold: OCP, OVP, OTP, EN, PG
- Programmable Soft-Start Time: 0.5ms – 4ms
- Programmable Compensation
- Programmable VIN UVLO: 3.3V – 7.5V
- Programmable Fault Response: Hiccup, Latch
- Programmable Frequency Dithering: 120µs – 150µs
- Programmable Switching Slew Rate: 1V/ns – 4V/ns
- Status Reports: Power Good, Fault
Efficiency ranges from 85% to 93%, depending on the operating conditions. These dc-dc converters have a 500kHz switching frequency and an operating temperature range of -40 to 85°C. They include Hiccup mode short circuit protection. The mEZDPD3603A comes in a standard DIP package (16x23x6.5mm)