Power Integrations’ LinkSwitch™-PH LED driver ICs are now available in the low-profile eSIP™-7F (L package) that measures just 2 mm high and is ideal for LED-based replacements for fluorescent tubes. It permits placement of the driver board behind the LED PCB, enabling illumination along entire length of the lighting tube.
Key features and benefits include:
– Save time and cost of iterative designs by predicting THD performance for the design
– Single stage converter combining power factor correction with constant current output
– >90% efficient
– >0.9 power factor, easily meets EN61000-3-2 C/D
– No unreliable electrolytic bulk capacitors or opto-isolators
– ENERGY STAR® and EN61000-3-2 class C and D compliant designs
More news and information regarding the latest developments in Smart Grid electronics can be found at Darnell’s SmartGridElectronics.Net.