Murata Power Solutions launched a series of 600W, DOSA compliant, 12V output, digital quarter-brick dc-dc converters. The company designed the series the DSQ (see image above), DCQ, and DAQ converters to support the full ‘TNV’ input range of 36V to 75V, with a typical efficiency of 96% at a full load 48Vin.
Application examples include telecommunications networking equipment, computing equipment, wireless base stations, PoE systems, MicroTCA, fan trays and test equipment.
The series supports droop mode current sharing of multiple modules for increased power output with tight load sharing. I/O Isolation is 2250Vdc, with a functional insulation system, and it carries the UL/CSA safety agency approvals. Output voltage is 12Vdc, and output current is 50A.
Options for these modules include a digital interface supporting the latest PMBus command set, parallel load sharing, positive or negative on/off logic, along with options for standard analog DOSA pinout, and a 5-pin bus converter pinout.
The DSQ model includes a PMBus interface that offers a means (I2C Bus) to configure output voltage, soft start parameters, input and output over-voltage protection limits, input under-voltage lockout, current limit, and thermal shutdown.
Telemetry functions include output voltage and current, input voltage and temperature, as well as indications for ‘power good’ and on/off status.
A 32-bit processor controls all functions and parameters. To support the PMBus, Murata Power Solutions is offering an optional evaluation board that is supported by downloadable software with a user-friendly GUI. The evaluation boards and a GUI manual are available upon request.
The DSQ modules are designed, tested, and qualified according to mounting an additional heat sink for extreme temperature applications. Safety certifications include UL/EN/IEC 60950-1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No 60950-1 2nd edition and the parts are compliant with EN55022/CISPR22 EMC standards with minimal input filtering.
- DOSA Compliant Digital Quarter-Brick with PMBus interface
- 36Vin to 75Vin range
- 96% Typical efficiency
- Delivers up to 50A (600W)
- Low Output Ripple & Noise
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Optional Droop Load Sharing of two or more modules
- Baseplate included for improved thermal performance
- Protections: over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature
- Negative & Positive Logic (Negative Logic standard configuration)
- 2250Vdc I/O Isolation compliant with IEEE802.3 PoE Standards
- Optional Reflow processable
- Three pin/function configurations available:
- Full PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- No PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- 5-Pin Bus converter, No Sense & Trim Pins
- Certified to UL/EN/IEC 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, 2nd Edition, safety approvals and EN55022/CISPR22 standards
“Murata Power Solutions is proud to offer the 600W DOSA ¼ brick series to power systems architects around the world. The high-reliability design and manufacturing process and advanced digital control platform with Murata’s proprietary firmware provides the power system designer the tools for the next generation, high-performance systems.” said Bill Smith, Director of Product Management, Murata Power Solutions.