The EVAL-M1-36-44A from Infineon Technologies is a complete power stage to drive 3-phase motor, powered by IRSM836-044MA CIPOS™ Nano IPMs. The featured IRSM836-044MA is a 4A, 250V Integrated Power Module (IPM) designed for advanced appliance motor drive applications such as energy efficient fans and pumps.
This evaluation board is equipped with a standardized iMOTION™ MADK M1 platform interface which enables various combinations with matching iMOTION™ MADK control boards. With several standard oscilloscope probes, easy access to key measurement points is granted.
Get your motor running in less than 1 hour! Eval-M1-36-44A, in combination with matching control boards from iMOTION™ MADK Platform, enables rapid prototyping of various inverterized motor control systems, for example fans, pumps and compressors.
Recommended for you: Power Electronics Innovation Enables Transformerless VFDs
EVAL-M1-36-44A is an evaluation board for motor drive applications based on a 3-phase IPM. Combined with one of the available MADK control board options, it demonstrates Infineon’s IPM technology for motor drives.
The kit demonstrates Infineon’s IPM technology for motor drives. CIPOS™ Nano Intelligent Power Module (IRSM836-044MA) features are:
- Integrated gate drivers and bootstrap functionality
- Open-source for leg-shunt current sensing
- Protection shutdown pin
- Low RDS (on) Trench MOSFET
- Under-voltage lockout for all channels
- Matched propagation delay for all channels
- Optimized dV/dt for loss and EMI trade offs
- 3V Schmitt-triggered active high input logic
- Motor power range up to about 150W, without heat sink
- Cross-conduction prevention logic
- Isolation 1500V RMS min
- ROHS compliant
The evaluation board characteristics are:
- Nominal input voltage 120Vac
- Default 120W motor power out
- 3 leg shunt configuration
- 3V logic compatible
- Overcurrent protection
- Fault diagnostic output
- PCB is 90 x 75mm has two layers with 1oz (~35µm) copper each
Matching Control Boards Available
This Evaluation Board can be combined with Infineon’s EVAL-M1-101T iMOTION™ control board or any other control board with M1 interface. EVAL-M1-101T control board includes an isolated debug interface and is powered by an IMC101T-T038 iMOTION™ Motor Control IC. In addition, an MCEWizard and MCEDesigner tools are available for easy system parametrization and tuning.