The TDK InvenSense SmartMotion Platform is a comprehensive development kit for InvenSense motion sensor devices. The platform designed around a Microchip SAMG55 MCU can be used by customers for rapid evaluation and development of InvenSense sensor based solutions.
The platform integrates an on-board embedded debugger so external tools are not required to program or debug the SAMG55 MCU. The SmartMotion platform runs software including InvenSense MotionLink, a GUI based sensor evaluation tool, and the embedded motion drivers for motion sensor software development.
There are currently eight different versions of the SmartMotion Developer Kit:
- DK-20602: Development Kit for ICM-20602 6-Axis Motion Sensor
- DK-20648: Development Kit for ICM-20648 6-Axis Motion Sensor
- DK-20789: Development Kit for ICM-20789 7-Axis Motion Sensor
- DK-20948: Development Kit for ICM-20948 9-Axis Motion Sensor
- DK-10100: Development Kit for ICP-10100 1-Axis Pressure Sensor
- DK-10101: Development Kit for ICP-10101 1-Axis Pressure Sensor
- DK-10110: Development Kit for ICP-10110 1-Axis Pressure Sensor
- DK-10111: Development Kit for ICP-10110 1-Axis Pressure Sensor
For example, the DK-20602 is a comprehensive development platform for ICM-20602, a high performance 6-axis motion sensor that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, and a 3-axis accelerometer.
The platform designed around Microchip G55 MCU can be used by developers for rapid evaluation and development of ICM-20602 based solutions. The DK-20602 includes an on-board embedded debugger so external tools are not required to program or debug the G55 MCU.
The development kit comes with necessary software including InvenSense MotionLink, a GUI based development tool and embedded motion drivers for ICM-20602.
Key Features of the DK-20602 include:
- ICM-20602 6-axis motion sensor
- Microchip G55 MCU with 512KB Flash
- On-board embedded debugger for programming and debugging
- USB connectors for host interface to support software debug and sensor data logging
- Board power supply through USB
- Sensor Fusion
- Accelerometer & Gyroscope calibration
- Android Functions: Game Rotation
- Vector, Gravity, Linear Acceleration
Embedded Motion Drivers (eMD) consists of a set of APIs to configure various aspects of the platform including ICM-20602 sensor parameters such as full-scale range (FSR), output data rate (ODR), low-power or low-noise mode, and sensor interface to host (IC, SPI).
MotionLink is a GUI based development tool included with the platform. It can be used to capture and visualize the sensor data from the motion sensor.