Mornsun has added 50- to 250-W dc-dc converters to its R3 rail converter family. With these new modules come out, the entire R3 rail dc-dc converter family provide power of 6W, 10, 15W, 20W, 40W, 50W, 75W, 100W, 150W, 200W and 250W.
These dc-dc converters are widely used in rolling stock and associated equipment.
The new dc-dc converters provide a 4:1 input range of 40- to 160-Vdc and include 3.3-, 5-, 12-, 15-, 24-, 48- and 54-Vdc output voltages. With reinforced insulation design of the built-in transformer, the input-output isolation test voltage is 3kVac and the input-case isolation test voltage is 2.1kVac, which make the products suitable for high altitude and cold applications.
In addition, they are designed to deliver an operating temperature range of -40°C to 105°C and provide efficiency up to 91%.
Industry standard quarter brick and half brick are both available. Protections for input under-voltage, output over-voltage, over-current, short-circuit, over-temperature are included. Additionally, MORNSUN railway power are designed to meet the requirements of EN 50155:2017.
Summary of Features:
- Meets EN50155 railway standard
- 4:1 wide input voltage range of 40- to 160-Vdc
- Reinforced insulation, input – output isolation test voltage: 3kVac, input- case isolation test voltage: 2.1kVac
- Operating ambient temperature range: -40°C to 105°C
- Efficiency up to 91%
- Industry standard packages of 1/4 brick and 1/2 brick
- Input under-voltage, output over-voltage, over-current, short-circuit, over-temperature protections