The new IO-Link and analog all-in-one magnetic position sensors from Balluff provide continuous position information over the entire cylinder stroke, thereby overcoming the limitations of discrete pneumatic cylinder switches. With continuous linear feedback, they detect and measure the position of pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder rods and actuators through (non-ferrous) housing walls, over the entire measurement range, and without contact.
The Balluff magnetic position sensors can be used in a broad range of industries and are suitable for Industry 4.0 as they improve ease of automatic size change and allow condition monitoring and predictive maintenance. The magnetic position sensors calculate the actual target position of the magnet and output it as a position-dependent analog or IO-Link signal.
They deliver signal stability and reliability. The sensors’ compact size allows for integration in applications with minimal installation spaces. This single sensor provides analog current, analog voltage, and IO-Link.
The BMP magnetic position sensors allow efficient and flexible settings, monitoring, and advanced diagnostics. The IO-Link and analog all-in-one options give the full set of IO-Link functionality including integrated switch points, fast cycle time, internal sensor temperature, measurement value, scaling factor, and status.
The sensors are highly adaptable, and a universal housing with adapters allows the compact form factor to be easily integrated and mounted onto a wide range of cylinders including round, tie-rod, C-Slot, or T-Slot thanks to a universal housing with adapters. They come in 8 different measurement ranges from 32mm to 256mm, in 32mm increments. The teach function enables customizing of the measuring range.
- Analog voltage, current output and IO-Link interface
- Continuous monitoring of piston position in tight spaces
- Ideal for Industry 4.0 — automatic size change, condition monitoring, and predictive maintenance
- Available in 8 different measurement ranges from 32mm to 256 mm, in 32mm increments
- Reliable, accurate, and repeatable absolute position feedback
- High process security — low temperature-drift and high-quality electromagnetic compatibility
- Analog output: Analog, voltage/Analog, current selectable 0V to 10V/4mA to 20 mA
- Interface: IO-Link 1.1
- Resolution: ≤1µm (IO-Link), 12-Bit (Analog)
- Repeat accuracy: ±100µm
- Operating voltage Ub: 15Vdc to 30Vdc
- Connection: Cable with connector, M12x1-Male, 4-pole, 0.5m, PUR
- Housing material: PA 12 Aluminum
- Ambient operating temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Protection degree: IP67
- Approval/Conformity: CE, cURus, IO-Link, WEEE