The ADE12011 from Analog Devices is a single channel, configurable, isolated digital input monitoring solution for energy transmission and distribution applications. The ADE1201 is configured through the serial port interface (SPI) to perform an isolated measurement of the digital input that is also called binary input or contact input.
The ADE12011 is designed for use in; Energy transmission and distribution, Multifunction relay protection, Substation battery monitoring, Bay or substation interlocking, Merge units, Circuit breaker status indication, Remote terminal units, Building automation systems, and so on.
The ADE1201 digital output signal on the DOUT1 pin reflects the state of the input signal after user configurable signal conditioning. The SPI protocol supports addressing to allow up to eight devices sharing one 4-wire SPI port.
The ADE1201 application circuit accepts a wide range of input voltages from ±10Vdc to ±300Vdc, or 8Vrms to 240Vrms. The programmable wetting current and robust application circuit enable the device to meet stringent, system level electromagnetic capability (EMC) requirements.
The ADE1201 includes an isoPower® integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter that eliminates the need for an external isolated power supply. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used to isolate the logic signals between the high voltage, isolated side and the low voltage, nonisolated side of the digital input monitor. This technology creates a small form factor design that includes data and power isolation.
An integrated successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) from 1× to 10× measure the analog inputs. The ADC waveforms are available through the SPI port to allow system level diagnostics.
Summary of Features
- Single channel, configurable, isolated digital input
- Programmable trip threshold
- On-chip debounce filter
- On-chip data and power isolation
- Application circuit monitors wide voltage range
- ±10Vdc to ±300Vdc
- 8Vrms to 240Vrms
- Programmable wetting current
- Pulse up to 205mA
- Constant current up to 6.3mA
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 3750Vrms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- CSA 61010-1: 300Vrms
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-1 VIORM = 565V peak
- EMC robust solution supports relay protection system level requirements
- ADC samples available for system diagnostics
- Internal SAR ADC with PGA
- Single 3.3 V supply
- Integrated isoPower, isolated dc-dc converter
- DOUT1 output reflects state of digital input
- IRQ interrupt pin
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +125°C
- 20-lead, LGA package with 6.8mm creepage
- UL recognition