The THN 15N series from Traco Power is the latest generation of isolated high performance 15-Watt dc-dc converters and comes in an encapsulated, shielded 1" x 1" x 0.4" metal package. The new and improved design allows to fully integrate an EN 55032 class A filter and greatly reduces the no-load power consumption (96- to 336-mW).
Advanced circuit design results in high efficiencies at low output loads: typical 85% efficiency at 20% load and up to 91% during nominal operation. This enables the THN 15N to operate in a temperature range of -40°C to +70°C without derating. All models have a wide 2:1 input voltage range and precisely regulated, isolated output voltages.
Further features include remote On/Off and trim able outputs. Together with the latest IT safety certifications (UL 62368-1) typical applications for these converters are mobile equipment, instrumentation, distributed power architectures in communication and industrial electronics and everywhere where space on PCB is critical.
Summary of features:
- Internal EN 55032 class A filter
- Operating temperature range -40 to +70 °C without derating
- Low no-load power consumption 96- to 336-mW
- High efficiency at low output loads: 85% eff. at 20% load typ.
- 1600 VDC I/O-isolation
- Wide 2:1 input voltage ranges
- 9- to 18-Vdc, 18- to 36-Vdc, 36- to 75-Vdc
- Protection against overload, overvoltage and short circuit
- Remote On/Off and Trim function
- 3-year product warranty