The STEVAL-HK001V2 from STMicroelectronics is an industrial drive evaluation system designed to demonstrate the capabilities of A2C35S12M3-F IGBT power modules for motor control applications.
It offers a solution for single- or three-phase main input with a converter inverter brake (CIB) topology able to handle a motor current up to 35A (power module maximum current rating).
The hardware platform is a stackable solution consisting of:
- A power stage (STEVAL-CTM002V2), which contains the power module and current sensing circuitry;
- A driving stage (STEVAL-CTM001V2D) which contains the new galvanically isolated STGAP1AS gapDRIVE, with suitable circuitry to drive the embedded IGBTs in the power module; and
- A control board (STEVAL-CTM001V1C), based on the STM32F303RBT7 microcontroller, which is able to execute the field-oriented control (FOC) algorithm to obtain the best performance in all motor control applications.
The control board has RS232 and CAN external interfaces to let you monitor and control your application on the evaluation system via PC.
Summary of Key Features
- A2C35S12M3-F ACEPACK™ 2 power module in converter inverter brake (CIB) topology
- Control stage based on STM32F303 ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCU and compatible with ST MC library with ST-FOC algorithm (sensored and sensorless mode)
- In-rush current, thermal and overcurrent protection
- Brake function with external resistor
- On-board isolated current sensing of 2.1 kVRMS
- Galvanically isolated driving stage with STGAP1AS
- Additional gate driving for dissipative brake section (external power resistor)
- Protections and sensing (overvoltage, overcurrent, overtemperature, current reading input)
- Input/output interface (analog/digital)
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE compliant