Littelfuse, Inc. introduced the first of a series of bidirectional TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) designed to protect high-end consumer and wearable electronics from damaging ESD-generating events. The company created the TVS Diode array series for applications including mobile phones, smartphones, portable medical, MP3/PMP, portable navigation components, tablets, small sized panel, and point of sale terminals.
The SP1333-01UTG, the first TVS Diode Array in the SP1333 Series, with a breakdown voltage 3.3V, uses back-to-back diodes fabricated with the company’s proprietary silicon avalanche technology. This back-to-back configuration offers symmetrical data line protection from ESDs up to ±30kV, safely absorbing repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum contact discharge level specified in the IEC 61000-4-2 international standard (Level 4, ±8kV contact discharge) without performance degradation. Additionally, the SP1333 offers up to 5A 8/20 surge rating with low clamping voltages.
- ESD, IEC 61000-4-2, ±30kV contact, ±30kV air
- EFT, IEC 61000-4-4, 40A (5/50ns)
- Lightning, 5A (8/20 as defined in IEC 61000-4-5 2nd edition)
- Low capacitance of 8pF (TYP @ VR=0V)
- Low leakage current of 1nA (TYP) at 3.3V
- Space efficient 0201
- Halogen free, Lead-free and RoHS compliant
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL -1)
Benefits of SP1333 Series TVS Diode Arrays:
- Low capacitance (just 10pF per I/O) helps to preserve signal integrity and minimizes data losses.
- Very low (<50nA) parasitic leakage optimized to extend operating life.
- A combination of high (>5A) surge tolerance and ±30kV ESD protection for more robust protection against electrical threats.
- SP1333 Series TVS Diode Arrays come in a surface-mount 0201DFN package in tape & reel form in quantities of 15,000.
- Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.
“The SP1333 Series completes our portfolio of TVS Diode Arrays in compact 0201 packages, which now covers the full breakdown voltage range from 3.3V to 36V,” said Tim Micun, Business Development Manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes) at Littelfuse. “This addition to the line simplifies the designer’s job by eliminating the need to source devices for this breakdown voltage from another vendor.”