Hirose's ZERO SCREW™ Terminal Block EF2 Series is a spring terminal block that can connect cables to electrical equipment such as power distribution in buildings without using screws. The elimination of screws saves installation work and maintenance. In addition, it prevents accidental fires triggered by the loosening of screws in electrical power application.
Target industries include industrial and manufacturing equipment (excluding vehicles), power generation and energy. Applications are expected to include rail, power distribution, machine tools, semiconductor manufacturing equipment and energy storage systems.
The ZERO SCREW terminal block EF2 series connection method is a single action of inserting standard ring terminals. Compared with the conventional screw-type terminal block, it is possible to eliminate the need for checking operations such as unscrewing, screwing, and torque checking.
It is possible to reduce the number of work hours by more than 40% and thereby shorten the construction period.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and secure single action positive lock
- Easy operation simplifies maintenance especially in narrow and dimly lit places
- Easy connection with standard ring terminals
- Highly reliable connection with unique contact spring
- Wide variety of cable sizes and currents supported
- Applicable cable: 1.25mm2 to 200mm2
- Rated current: 16A to 400A
- Easy crimp termination with commercially available crimp tools
- UL and TUV certification pending