The TSC2011 from STMicroelectronics is a precision bidirectional current sense amplifier. It senses the current using a shunt resistor over a wide range of common mode voltages, from -20V to +70V, whatever the supply voltage is. It is available with an amplifier gain of 60 V/V.
Applications are expected to include:
- High-side and low-side current sensing
- Data acquisition and instrumentation
- Test and measurement equipment
- Industrial process control
- Motor control
- Solenoid control
It is able to sense very low drop voltages as low as 10mV full scale minimizing the measurement error.
The TSC2011 can also be used in other functions such as: precision current measurement, overcurrent protection, current monitoring, and feedback loops.
This device fully operates over the broad supply voltage range from 2.7V to 5.5V and over the industrial temperature range from -40°C to 125°C.
Summary of features
- Wide common mode voltage: -20V to 70V
- Offset voltage: ±200µV max.
- 7V to 5.5V supply voltage
- Gain: 60 V/V
- Gain error: 0.3% max.
- Offset drift: 5µV/°C max.
- Gain drift: 10 ppm/°C max.
- Quiescent current: 20µA in shutdown mode
- SO8 and MiniSO8 package