Torex Semiconductor Ltd. launched the XC6237, a new series of high-speed LDO regulators with an ultra-low supply current of 0.6µA. XC6237 is available in small and thin packages. It is suitable for IoT and wearable devices. The XC6237 series achieves low current consumption, high accuracy, and high ripple rejection. (See SSOT-24 package above).
Typical applications for the LDO include smart meters, smart cards, wearable devices, remote controllers.
The output voltage is fixed internally and can be set in the range of 1.2V to 5.0V (0.05V step).
It has a Green Operation (GO) function that achieves both high-speed operation along with low current consumption, and it switches
automatically between a high-speed (HS) mode and a power-save (PS) mode depending on the output current.
At light loads, high efficiency is realized by operating in PS mode with low current consumption, and at heavy loads, high-speed operation is enabled by HS mode. These capabilities make it well suited for applications that require both low current consumption and high-speed operation.
You may also like: Ilika Inceases Energy Density of its Solid-State Batteries 10X
The lineup of small and thin USPQ-4B05 and general-purpose SSOT-24 packages are available for various applications. Low ESR capacitors such as ceramic capacitors can be used at the output of the LDO.
- Low Supply Current: 0.6µA TYP (PS)
- Accuracy: +1.0% (VOUT≧2.00V) ±20mV (VOUT≦1.95V)
- Operating Voltage Range: 1.6V to 6.0V
- Output Voltage Range: 1.2V to 5.0V (0.05V steps)
- Maximum Output Current: 150mA
- High Ripple Rejection: 60dB @ 1kHz (HS)
- Function: Green Operation,
- CE function: “H” active CL Discharge (A TYPE)
- Protective Function: Current Limit 250mA (TYP)
- Short-Circuit Current: 25mA (TYP)
- Output Capacitor: Ceramic capacitor
- Operating Ambient Temperature: – 40℃ to +105℃
- USPQ-4B05 (1.0mm x 1.0mm x 0.33mm)
- SOT-23(No CE function) (In Development)
- Environmentally Friendly : EU RoHS Compliant, Pb Free