Mornsun has added a new switching regulator series, K78xx-2000R3, rated at 2A to its non-isolated dc-dc converter family. These switch-mode regulators are designed to be a drop-in alternative to traditional 78xx series three-terminal linear regulators.
The series features an input voltage range of 6- to 36-Vdc, 0.1mA ultra-low no load input current, continuous short-circuit protection, low ripple noise (typ.: 30mV), etc. Available output voltages include 3.3-, 5-, 9-, 12-, and 24-Vdc.
The new 2A series can also accommodate operating temperature from -40°C to +85°C. It is delivered in a 11.50 x 9.00 x 17.50 mm SIP configuration.
Besides, this series delivers efficiencies up to 95%, eliminates the need for a heat sink, cuts additional design space and installation cost, making it suitable for use in industrial control, medical, mining, railway and other related industries.
Summary of features:
- High efficiency up to 95%
- No-load input current as low as 0.1mA
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85 degrees C
- Output short circuit protection
- Pin-out compatible with LM78XX linear regulators
- Meets EN62368 standards (pending)