TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity and sensors, today introduced its ELCON Micro power connectors, which deliver high current density in a commonly used industry footprint of 3.0mm. The new connectors provide 12.5A per pin, making them useful for servers, switches, storage devices and testing machines.
The ELCON Micro power connectors are rated for 600V maximum, ac or dc. They have a maximum contact resistance of 5mΩ maximum.
By using a common industry footprint, TE’s ELCON Micro power connectors allow for easy upgrades to existing designs. The 3.0mm printed circuit board (PCB) footprint is compatible with Molex’s Micro-Fit headers and BellWether’s Micro-Hi headers.
These new connectors support 2 to 24 pin configurations and perform reliably in harsh environments due to their maximum operating temperature of 105 degrees Celsius and their halogen-free material. Additionally, the connector housing is designed to prevent mis-mating, making assembly easier.
- High current density at 12.5A per pin maximum in the common industry footprint of 3.0mm (contact pitch)
- Common industry footprint allows for easy upgrades to existing designs
- Support 2 to 24 pin configurations and different currents with multiple combinations of different wire sizes
- ELCON Micro headers are PCB footprint compatible with other suppliers
- Easy assembly with virtually fool-proof mating features
- Perform reliably in harsh environments with maximum operating temperature of 105oC
- Made with halogen-free material
- Low contact resistance of 5mΩ max provides lower temperature rise and lower power loss on the connector
“High power and reliable connectivity in an easy-to-use form factor are the key features of our new ELCON Micro power connectors,” said Henry Xie, power product manager at TE Connectivity.
“With a working voltage of 600V and the ability to support different currents with multiple combinations of different wire sizes, these connectors offer the flexibility and performance to make them standouts in the power connector market," Xie added.