KiloVault unveiled the new CHLX line of heavy-duty, Cold-Rated Lithium Batteries. The CHLX comes in 1,800Wh and 3,600Wh models, each capable of handling 150A of continuous charging/discharging current. CHLX batteries use KiloVault’s internal heating technology to continue charging at subzero temperatures.
As the ambient temperature dips below freezing (32ºF/0°C), the charging current is rerouted through a heating film in the battery, allowing it to maintain an internal temperature above freezing. Once this is accomplished, the battery can resume normal charging.
The CHLX series is as flexible in application as the non-cold-rated HLX series, and can be used in 12-, 24-, or 48-Volt configurations. Using 16 units in a 4×4 configuration yields a maximum of 14.4kWh at 48 Volts. This means a lower cost/kWh cycle over the life of the system – giving customers the best value, and flexibility to expand their storage capacity as needed.
The CHLX series does not require active cooling, as KiloVault’s lithium iron phosphate (LFP) technology isn’t subject to the thermal run-away issues that other lithium technologies may experience. With none of the dangerous off-gassing associated with lead-acid batteries, CHLX batteries are safe to store in your home or garage. A CHLX does not require regular watering, desulphating, or equalizing, making for an incredibly safe and low-maintenance battery.
The CHLX outperforms comparable lead-acid batteries as well. It stores and discharges energy more efficiently, yielding 12% more usable stored energy than a comparable lead-acid. Further, over the life of a CHLX battery, the cost per watt-hour stored per cycle will be less than that of lead-acid batteries.
With built-in Bluetooth and the convenient HLX iT app, monitoring your battery health and performance is easier than ever. About that battery health – after 2000 cycles with 100% discharge daily, the battery will retain 80% or more of its original storage capacity.
Summary of Features
- Takes charge even when its freezing
- Flexible - Works in 12-, 24- or 48-V configurations
- Gives You More- You can use the full battery's capacity, discharging it 100%
- Long-life- Even after discharging it completely 2000 times, 80% of the capacity remains.
- Maintenance Free - No watering required, or cleaning of hazardous chemicals
- High Efficiency - Giving you up to 12% more useable stored energy
- Smart Investment - Lower cost per watt-hour/cycle and longer lifespan than lead batteries
- Safer - No thermal run-away issues as with other lithium technologies
- Heavy Duty -Takes up to 150A of continuous charging/discharging current, meeting the tough demands of serious inverters and chargers
- 5-Year Warranty