Flip Chip Schottky Diode in Low-Profile WLCSP
The SFC3005A from SMC Diode Solutions Co. LTD is a Flip Chip Schottky diode packaged in the low profile, space efficient WLCSP outline. Despite the very small package size, the SFC3005A will conduct a full 500mA of forward current continuously.
Applications are expected to include polarity protection, voltage clamping, steering diode, and general power management circuits in portable and hand-held devices.
In addition, the SFC3005A has very low total (forward and reverse) conduction losses and extremely low switching losses. The WLCSP package is extremely thermally efficient and the package geometry minimizes parasitic effects, such as inductance, when operating at higher frequencies. The combination of energy efficient operation and WLCSP packaging benefits make the SFC3005A the ideal solution for portable and hand-held electronic systems.
Summary of features:
- High continuous forward current rating of 500mA (TC=25oC)
- Small footprint and low-profile package (1mm x 0.6mm x 0.28mm)
- Low junction capacitance of 11pF typical (VR=5V)
- Low idle current of 3µA typical (30V, TA=25oC) enhances energy efficiency
- Low forward voltage of 0.73V typical (IF=500mA, TA=25oC)
- Terminations solderable using all common reflow processes