The STMicroelectronics ALED1262ZT 12-channel LED driver targets advanced automotive rear combination lamps and interior lighting, bringing features to support complex and innovative visual effects.
Independent 7-bit pwm dimming on all channels allows flexible control of tail, stop, and indicator lights, with dynamic effects. Each channel delivers constant output current at 19V for controlling multi-LED series strings. Adjustment from 6mA to 60mA ensures a wide dimming range with high maximum brightness.
The LED lighting driver responds to I2C commands from a host microcontroller and provides two pre-programmed configurations that allow standalone operation for extra flexibility.
Recommended for you: Dana and Valeo Collaborate to Supply Complete 48-Volt EV Systems
With diagnostic features including open-LED detection and over-temperature warning with thermal shutdown, the ALED1262ZT ensures long-lasting robustness and stability. The input-voltage range from 5.5V to 38V allows use in direct battery-connected systems.
In addition, the ALED1262ZT is designed for low-noise operation, with slow turn-on/off time per channel and spread-spectrum clock operation to simplify integration with other in-vehicle electronics.
Summary of features and specifications
- Designed for automotive applications
- 12 constant current output channels
- 19V current generator rated voltage
- Output current: from 6mA to 60mA
- Current programmable by a single external resistor
- 7-bit pwm local brightness control
- Slow turn-on/off time, gradual output delay and dithered clock for EMI reduction
- Error detection for open LEDs
- Supply voltage: from 5.5V to 38V
- Thermal shutdown and overtemperature alert
- Standalone and bus-driven mode
- Custom configuration by OTP with Redundancy and ECC
- 400kHz fast I²C interface with selectable extended Hamming encoding
- Wired-OR error flag connection
The ALED1262ZT is in production now, in a 6.4mm x 7.8mm thermally efficient HTSSOP24 exposed-pad package, from $1.00 for orders of 1000 pieces.
ST has also released an evaluation board, STEVAL-LLL002V1 to help designers explore the ALED1262ZT’s features and jump-start new lighting designs.