The MP6925A from Monolithic Power Systems is a dual, fast turn-off, intelligent rectifier for synchronous rectification in LLC resonant converters. The IC drives two N-channel MOSFETs and regulates their forward voltage drop to VFWD (about 45mV). The IC turns the MOSFETs off before the switching current goes negative.
The MP6925A has light-load functionality to latch off the gate driver under light-load conditions, thus limiting the current below 175µA.
Fast turn-off enables both continuous conduction mode (CCM) and discontinuous conduction mode (DCM). The MP6925A requires a minimal number of external components, and is available in an SOIC-8 package.
Summary of Features & Benefits
- Works with Standard and Logic Level MOSFETs
- Compatible with Energy Star
- Fast Turn-Off Total Delay of 35ns
- Wide 4.2V to 35V VDD Operating Range
- 175µA Low Quiescent Current in Light-Load Mode
- Supports CCM, CrCM, and DCM Operation
- Supports High-Side and Low-Side Rectification
- Available in an SOIC-8 Package