The MP3336A from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a compact, dual-channel, high-power, flash LED driver that can drive up to 2A in flash mode for each LED. The MP3336A improves image and video quality in low light environments for camera phones.
The MP3336A operates with a selectable 1/2/3/4MHz switching frequency and uses a synchronous, current-mode PWM boost converter to regulate the LED current with two high current sources. The MP3336A provides a highly efficient, optimized solution for smaller PCB spaces.
The MP3336A features a standard I2C interface, dual LED channels, rich protection modes, and high power density and performance. The MP3336A can also support flash, assist, indicator, and 5Vdc modes.
The cathodes of the dual-flash LED are referenced to GND, which improves thermal performance in layout. The MP3336A is available in a WLCSP-20 (1.6mmx2.0mm) package.
Summary of Product Features
- 7V to 5.5V Input Voltage
- 1/2/3/4MHz Selectable Switching Frequency
- Fsw Fold-Back Function
- 400kHz I2C Compatible Interface
- Standby/Flash/Assist/Indicator/5V DC Modes
- Flash Mode
- Up to 2A/Ch Programmable Current with ±7% Accuracy for Each LED, 7.84mA/Step
- Assist Mode
- Up to 319mA/Ch Programmable Current with ±7% Accuracy for Each LED, 1.25mA/Step
- Indicator Mode
- Works in 31.5kHz PWM Dimming Mode with 2/16, 3/16, 4/16, 5/16 Duty Cycles
- Used for Blinking and 128/256/512ms Selectable Blinking Time
- 5Vdc Mode
- Output Constant 5Vdc Voltage
- Separated EN1 Pin for NFC Application
- 1A to 5.5A Programmable Input DC Current Limit Protection
- External Strobe/TX Pin
- VIN to VOUT Disconnection Function
- Low-Battery Voltage Protection
- LED Short/Open Protection
- VOUT-GND Short Protection
- Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Input Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) Protection
- WLCSP-20 (1.6mmx2.0mm) Package