The PWD5F60 from STMicroelectronics is an advanced power system-in-package integrating gate drivers and four N-channel power MOSFETs in a compact QFN package. The integrated power MOSFETs have an RDS(ON) of 1.38Ω and 600V drain-source breakdown voltage.
The embedded gate drivers feature two comparators that can be used for peak current control or overcurrent protection and integrate bootstrap diodes. This allows to effectively drive loads in a tiny space and to drastically reduce external components and bill of materials.
The EVALPWD5F60 demonstrates how to use the PWD5F60 to drive a single-phase load in full-bridge topology. This allows control of both the direction and the value of the current flowing into the load. Typical applications that can benefit from the high integration of the PWD5F60 are, for example, single-phase BLDC motors and fans.
The board has a very small footprint and an optimized layout thanks to the integrated features of the PWD5F60, and it can be simply run by applying the supply voltages and a direction signal.
The board allows easy selection and modification of the relevant external component values, enabling fast performance evaluation under different applicative conditions as well as fine tuning of final application components.
- Power system-in-package integrating gate drivers and power MOSFETs featuring:
- RDS(ON) = 1.38Ω
- BVDSS = 600V
- 2 embedded comparators
- Very low area occupation, all active devices in SMT technology and no heatsink
- Fast-decay or slow-decay on-board constant OFF-time peak current control
- PWM voltage mode control with overcurrent protection possible via external logic signals
- Driver supply voltage range: 10V to 20V
- UVLO protection on low-side and high-side
- 3V to 15V compatible inputs with hysteresis and pull-down
- Internal bootstrap diode
- Bill of materials reduction
- Very compact and simplified layout
- Flexible, easy and fast design
- RoHS compliant
- Load current up to 1A