TDK Corporation has expanded its lineup of chip varistors with the new AVRF101U6R8KT242 for audio equipment, which offers both ESD and EMI protection. This product is intended for audio equipment that uses wireless communications in the 2.4GHz band.
Key applications include smartphones, speakers and other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4-GHz band using wireless LAN and Bluetooth, for example.
Due to the optimization of its capacitance of 6.8pF, the multilayer component features high attenuation at this frequency and is able to effectively suppress the generated TDMA noise and thus improve receiver sensitivity.
It offers excellent ESD protection according to IEC61000-4-2, Level 4 and has a maximum permissible circuit voltage of 28Vdc, making it suitable for high power class-D amplifiers.
Summary of features
- Combined ESD and EMI protection
- Excellent ESD protection capability according to IEC61000-4-2, level 4
- Suppression of TDMA noise generated by wireless communications
- Improved receiver sensitivity for wireless communications
- High permissible circuit voltage of 28Vdc for high power audio output