Coilcraft will introduce its new XGL4020 Series of molded power inductors at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), March 17-21 in Anaheim, CA. According to the company, the series of molded power inductors features the industry’s lowest dc losses and extremely low AC losses for a wide range of dc-dc converters (from hundreds kHz up to 5+MHz). Additional performance enhancements include a wider range of inductance values and improved Irms current ratings.
The XGL4020 is available in twelve inductance values from 0.33µH to 8.2µH, with current ratings up to 15.2A and soft saturation characteristics. Its dc resistance is up to 45% lower than Coilcraft’s next lowest soft-saturation products. Lower DCR and higher Irms also allow the XGL4020 to operate much cooler than other components.
XGL4020 Series inductors are qualified to AEC-Q200 Grade 1 standards (-40° to +125°C ambient) with a maximum part temperature of +165°C and exhibit no thermal aging issues, making them suitable for automotive and other harsh-environment applications. They feature RoHS-compliant, tin-silver-over-copper terminations and are halogen-free. Their composite construction also minimizes audible buzzing.
- Lowest DCR and ultra-low AC losses over a wide frequency range
- AEC-Q200 Grade 1 qualified
- Superior current handling with soft saturation characteristics
- Wide inductance range up to 8.2µH
- Core material: Composite
- Environmental: RoHS compliant, halogen free
- Terminations: RoHS compliant tin-silver (96.5/3.5) over copper. Other terminations available at additional cost.
- Weight: 1.93g to 1.95g
- Operating voltage: 0V to 80 V
- Ambient temperature: -40°C to +125°C with (40°C rise) 1rms current
- Maximum part temperature: +165°C (ambient + temp rise) Derating.
- Storage temperature Component: -55°C to +165°C
- Tape and reel packaging: -55°C to +80°C
- Resistance to soldering heat Max three 40 second reflows at +260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) 1 (unlimited floor life at <30°C / 85% relative humidity)
- Failures in Time (FIT) / Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 38 per billion hours/26,315,789 hours, calculated per Telcordia SR-332
- PCB washing Tested to MIL-STD-202 Method 215 plus an additional aqueous wash.