Qnovo today announced a new platform to assist mobile device OEMs in addressing battery-related health challenges in the field. Qnovo Analytics adds another innovation beyond the company’s patented adaptive charging technology that has shipped in more than 25 million smartphones.
Qnovo Analytics (QNA) is the first predictive cloud-based platform that empowers OEMs to view the battery performance and health of all devices in their networks and make critical decisions about potential future health hazards. Qnovo algorithms continuously monitor battery health at the chemical level and provide diagnostic analysis using proprietary models to diagnose consumer battery issues.
Qnovo Analytics utilizes predictive models to give OEMs a controlled view of future risks. QNA is uniquely able to predict future battery health, enabling OEMs to take control of the fielded mobile batteries through an intuitive cloud-based platform.
Qnovo Analytics as a cloud layer is designed to complement our device-resident adaptive charging softward QNS and QNI to offer mobile device OEMs a complete solution to improve battery performance and health.
Key features include:
- Enables statistical monitoring and battery quality forecasting for mobile device populations in the field
- Shifts safety and quality decisions from limited lab samples under controlled conditions to statistically significant populations representing real-world usage
- Cycle life projection and swell estimation provide future-looking preview of expected cell performance
- Facilitates overview and insight into problem cells that represent potential safety hazards
- Consists of device resident software and analysis services from Qnovo
- Available as an option to Qnovo adaptive charging solutions
Availability and MWC Demo
Qnovo will be demonstrating the Qnovo Analytics Dashboard at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain running from February 26-March 1, 2018.