The MP6919 from Monolithic Power Systems is a fast turn-off, intelligent rectifier for flyback converters that integrates a 100V MOSFET. It offers higher efficiency and power density than a diode rectifier. The chip regulates the forward voltage drop of the internal power switch to 40mV, and turns off before the drain-source voltage reverses.
The device generates its own supply voltage without requiring auxiliary winding. This feature makes it suitable for charger applications with a low output voltage requirement, or any other adapter applications with high-side set-up.
The internal ringing detection circuitry prevents the MP6919 from falsely turning on during discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) or quasi-resonant operations.
Features & Benefits
- Integrated 100V/13mΩ MOSFET
- Wide Output Range Down to 0V
- Does not Require Auxiliary Winding for High-Side or Low-Side Rectification
- Ringing Detection Prevents False Turn-On during DCM Operations
- Compatible with Energy Star
- 110µA Quiescent Current
- Supports DCM, CCM, and Quasi-Resonant Operations
- Available in an SOIC-8 Package