The MP9989 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a fast turn-off, intelligent rectifier for flyback converters that integrates a 100V MOSFET. It can replace a diode rectifier for higher efficiency and power density. The chip regulates the forward voltage drop of the internal power switch to 40mV(1) and turns off before the drain-source voltage reverses.
The MP9989 can generate its own supply voltage without the need for auxiliary winding, which makes it suitable for charger applications with a low output voltage requirement or any other adaptor applications with high-side set-up.
The internal ringing detection circuitry prevents the MP9989 from falsely turning on during discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) or quasi-resonant operations. The MP9989 is available in SOIC-8 and QFN4x5-8 packages.
Recommended for you: 12V/3A Non-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter Evaluation Kit
- Integrated 100V/10mΩ MOSFET
- Wide Output Range down to 0V
- No Need for Auxiliary Winding for High-Side or Low-Side Rectification
- Ringing Detection Prevents False Turn-On during DCM Operations
- Compatible with Energy Star
- 110µA Quiescent Current
- Supports DCM, CCM, and Quasi-Resonant Operations
- Available in SOIC-8 and QFN4x5-8 Packages
The EV9989-S-00A is the evaluation board for MP9989 SOIC package type.
The EV9989-V-00A is the evaluation board for MP9989 QFN package type.