TE Connectivity has introduced its new high density plus (HD+) card edge power connectors, which deliver the highest current density of any card edge power connectors available in the market today. Capable of supporting power supplies up to 3kW, these connectors are designed to enable systems with increasing power requirements in next-generation data centers.
TE Connectivity’s high density plus (HD+) card edge power connectors deliver the highest current density of any card edge power connectors available in the market today.
TE’s new HD+ card edge connectors deliver exceptional current density at 15A/2.54mm and support 2000- to 3000-W power supplies for data center equipment. The new connectors have a 1.27mm signal contact pitch and a 5.08mm power contact pitch with a working voltage of 60Vdc.
In addition, TE’s new HD+ card edge power connectors offer very low contact resistance due to a unique dual-layer design of dc power contacts and pass-through pins, which provide multiple mating/contact points to the PCB. Designed in the common industry PCB footprint, these new connectors leverage a compact, cost-effective design with a common power and signal contact module.
Designers get a flexible configuration with different contact quantities and can achieve better scalability because the connectors support both ac and dc in low-power and high-power applications. The connectors are designed for server, switch and mass storage system applications.
Summary of features:
- High Current Density
- 27mm signal contact pitch, 5.08mm power contact pitch
- Power contact current: 31A (average)
- Working voltage: 60Vdc
- Low Contact Resistance
- Unique dual layer design of dc power contacts and pass-through pins provides multiple mating/contact points to the PCB which helps ensure low contact resistance
- DC power contact: 1mΩ max
- Provides lower temperature rising and lower power loss on the connector
- Common PCB Footprint
- Compact and cost-effective design with common power and signal contact module
- Flexible configuration with different contact quantities and positions
- Better scalability (ac & dc, low power & high power)
- Reliable Performance
- Excellent mechanical and electrical performance
- Easy mating/un-mating with proper retention force
- Mating force 80N max with nominal mating PCB
“As designers seek to address the need for more power in their data center equipment designs, they need a connector that offers maximum performance and density, and high reliability,” said Bandy Yuan, product manager at TE Connectivity. “TE’s new HD+ card edge power connectors not only support the highest current density among all card edge connectors in the market, but they can offer strong dependability through our dual-layer contact design.”