Traco Power announced the release of their TIB 120-EX Family of 120W DIN rail power supplies that the company designed for harsh environments & hazardous locations with certifications for ATEX II3G and UL HazLoc Class I / Div 2 standards. These products for industrial power feature 12V/24V/48V outputs (-2% to +17% Vadj Range), and they operate with high efficiency of 94%.
The power supply can operate at up to 150% peak power for 4 seconds. It is packaged in a ruggedized metal enclosure that is EN61373 qualified for railway shock and vibration. Protection circuits include back power immunity, short-circuit / overload protection and a dc-OK dry signal contact. DC-OK LED indicators on both the front and side panels with optional side panel mounting enable its use in flat panels.
The back power immunity helps protect against shut-down or malfunction with loads including inductors and decelerating motors that can feed voltage back to the power supply.
The product’s reduced heat dissipation enables a -40°C to +60°C full load operating temperature range (up to +70°C with only 20% de-rating). Outputs are radio-interference-suppressed to impede radiation at long output lines. This filter reduces the common mode current to within limits of telecommunication ports.
The units operate with a high power factor of up to 99% with active power factor correction which also minimizes input inrush current. All models are safety approved to meet UL/EN 60950-1, UL508 listed, EN 600079-0/-7/-15, ATEX II3G and UL HazLoc Class I, Division 2 with EN55032 Class B for both radiated and conducted emissions.
The device’s high reliability of greater than 1 million hours per IEC 60079-0 is supported by Traco Power’s extended 5-year product warranty.
- UL Hazloc Class I, Division 2 approval and ATEX certification
- IEC/EN/UL 60950-1, UL508 and CB Report with EMC compliance to IEC/EN61000-6-2 and IEC/EN61000-6-3
- SEMI F47 compliant for voltage sag immunity
- Rugged metal case with optional side-mounting
- Very high efficiency up to 94%
- Back power immunity
- 150% peak current for 4 sec.
- Operating Temp -40°C to +70°C (full load up to 60°C)
- Adjustable output voltage
- High Reliability: MTBF 1 mill hrs per IEC 61709
- Short circuit and overload protection
- 5-year product warranty
Products are in stock and available through international distributors with manufacturing lead times of 12-14 weeks.