The TPS59603-Q1 driver from Texas Instruments is optimized for high-frequency CPU VCORE applications. Advanced features such as reduced dead-time drive and auto zero crossing are used to optimize efficiency over the entire load range.
Applications are expected to include automotive rear seat entertainment (RSE) tablets using high-frequency CPUs and automotive ADAS processor core power.
The SKIP pin provides the option of CCM operation to support controlled management of the output voltage. In addition, the TPS59603-Q1 supports two low-power modes. With the PWM input in tri-state, quiescent current is reduced to 130µA, with immediate response. When SKIP is held at tri-state, the current is reduced to 8µA (typically 20µs is required to resume switching).
Paired with the appropriate TI controller, the drivers deliver an exceptionally high-performance power supply system.
The TPS59603-Q1 device is packaged in a space saving, thermally-enhanced 8-pin, 2-mm x 2-mm wettable flanks WSON package and operates from -40°C to 125°C
Summary of Features
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Device Temperature Grade 1: -40°C to 125°C
- Device Human Body Model ESD Classification Level H2
- Device Charged Device Model ESD Classification Level C3B
- Reduced Dead-Time Drive Circuit for Optimized CCM
- Automatic Zero Crossing Detection for Optimized DCM Efficiency
- Multiple Low-Power Modes for Optimized Light-Load Efficiency
- Optimized Signal Path Delays for High-Frequency Operation
- Integrated BST Switch Drive Strength Optimized for low RdsON FETs
- Optimized for 5-V FET Drive
- Conversion Input Voltage Range (VIN): 2.5- to 28-V
- 2-mm × 2-mm, 8-Pin, WSON Thermal Pad Package with wettable flanks