The MP3437 from Monolithic Power Systems is a 600kHz fixed frequency, wide input range, highly integrated boost converter. The MP3437 starts from an input voltage as low as 2.7V and supports up to 20W of load power from a 1-cell battery with integrated low RDS(ON) power MOSFETs.
The MP3437 adopts constant-off-time (COT) control topology providing fast transient response. QFN package has MODE pin which can support the selection of pulse-skip mode (PSM), forced continuous conduction mode (FCCM) and ultrasonic mode (USM) in light-load condition.
The cycle-by-cycle current limit on low-side MOSFET prevents current runaway, and the high-side MOSFET eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode.
The MP3437 supports auto-pass-through mode when VIN is higher than VOUT-SET in PSM mode. It also features with programmable input under-voltage lockout (UVLO) and over temperature protection.
The MP3437 is available in QFN-10 (2mmx2.5mm) and TSOT23-8 package.
Features & Benefits
- 7V-to-16V Startup Voltage
- 8V-to-16V Operation Voltage
- Up to 16V Output Voltage
- Support 20W Power Load from 3.3V
- 5A Internal Switch Current Limit
- Integrated 14mΩ & 21mΩ Power MOSFET
- >90% Efficiency for 3.3V VIN to 8V/2.5A
- Auto Pass-Through Function in PSM Mode
- 600kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient Response
- Internal Soft Start and Compensation
- Programmable UVLO and Hysteresis
- 150℃ Over Temperature Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Available in QFN-10 (2mmx2.5mm) and TSOT23-8 Package.