80mA LDO Regulator with 50nA Iq and Dual Power Mode
The NCP171 from ON Semiconductor is a dual mode LDO offering up to 80mA in Active Mode and as low as 50nA of quiescent current (Iq) in Low Power Mode. The Dual Mode function is selectable with the ECO pin allowing for dynamic switching between Active and Low Power Modes, suitable for long life battery powered applications.
Typical applications are expected to include IoT devices, RFID systems, portable communications equipment, disposable medical devices/patches, smoke detectors with 10-year battery life, wearables and other consumer electronics.
The output voltage in Low Power mode can be lowered by an internally factory programmed value ranging 50mV, 100mV, 150mV or 200mV with respect to the nominal output voltage in Active Mode. This feature further lowers the application consumption in sleep mode. The NCP171 is in the SLIQ (Super Low Iq) LDO family and is available in small XDFN4 1.2 x 1.2 package.
Summary of Features & Specifications
- Operating Input Voltage Range: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 3.3V (50mV steps)
- Low Power Mode / Active Mode Externally Controlled by ECO pin
- Internally Factory Programmable Output Voltage Offset for Low Power/Active Mode to 50mV, 100mV, 150mV, 200mV
- Quiescent Current of 50nA at No Load, (Low Power mode)
- Maximum Current 80mA in Active Mode and 5mA in Low Power Mode
- Low Dropout: 41mV Typ. at 80mA (Vout = 3.3V)
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy in Active Mode
- High PSRR: 65dB at 1kHz in Active Mode
- Active Output Discharge for Fast Output Turn−Off
- Current Limitation, Thermal Shutdown
- Available in Small XDFN4 1.2 x 1.2 Package
- These are Pb−Free Devices