The LT®8645S-2 synchronous step-down regulator from Analog Devices features Silent Switcher architecture designed to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. This performance makes the LT8645S-2 well-suited for noise sensitive applications and environments.
Anticipated applications include automotive and industrial power supplies, general-purpose step-down regulation and GSM power supplies.
The fast, clean, low-overshoot switching edges enable high efficiency operation even at high switching frequencies, leading to a small overall solution size. Peak current mode control with a 40ns minimum on-time allows high step-down ratios even at high switching frequencies.
Burst Mode® operation enables ultralow standby current consumption (2.5µA quiescent current), pulse-skipping mode allows full switching frequency at lower output loads, or spread spectrum operation can further reduce EMI emissions.
Summary of features:
- Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Ultralow EMI Emissions
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- Up to 95% Efficiency at 1MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Up to 94% Efficiency at 2MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 65V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode Operation
- 5µA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Output Ripple < 10mVP-P
- Fast Minimum Switch On-Time: 40ns
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 60mV at 1A
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Peak Current Mode Operation
- Output Soft-Start and Tracking
- Small 32-Lead 6mm × 4mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress